on Friday, July 31, 2009in Weight Loss
Of course we all know that in order to lose body fat we need to burn more calories on a regular basis. I’m going to share a few super simple fat loss tips that it will make the process so much easier!
A nutritious meal plan in combination with following a consistent workout program is the best way to lose weight successfully but you can also burn more calories on top of that by increasing your ‘incidental activity’. Incidental activity or exercise is that which occurs during our everyday normal routine, like climbing the stairs at home or work, walking the dog or scrubbing the floor. Incidental activity isn’t something you would count as exercise necessarily, but it does indeed burn calories. If you consciously focus on increasing your incidental activity in addition to following a healthy weight loss program, losing weight becomes much easier.
There are a number of ways to burn more calories through incidental exercise. I’ve listed a few examples below and I encourage you to be creative and resourceful in coming up with some of your own. Share your ideas with your fellow WorkoutBOX members by posting a comment after the post!
- Always take the stairs! Ignore the elevators and escalators!
- Walk to work or ride your bike
- Park at the far end of the shopping center parking lot
- Take the dog for an extra walk or two
- Spend more time in the garden or doing housework
- Make a habit of going for an evening stroll after dinner
- Window shop
- Walk the golf course instead of using a cart
- Dance in your living room
- Play tag or hopscotch with your kids
- Make the most of your TV watching time and ride an exercise bike
- Hand wash the car instead of driving through the car wash
Don’t be shy! Let us know what you do to burn more calories throughout your day!Found this post useful and want more? Subscribe to our Blog feed
About TravisTravis Steffen is a Master Trainer and founder of WorkoutBOX. After years of experience training professional athletes and thousands of others just like you, he knows exactly what it takes to get you in serious shape. Follow his expert guidance and you're guaranteed to get amazing results.Want to hear even more of what Travis has to say? Keep in touch with him on Facebook and Twitter!
Like this? Share it:
Done reading? Here are a few related posts:
- Biggest Losers. Losing weight, gaining illness. Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook which eventually leads to success....
- Break through your weight loss plateau If you just started your fat loss workout on the first of January, I’m sure you aren’t experiencing the frustration of a plateau just yet, but without a doubt you will at some point. As long as you’re prepared for...
- Who would you trust with your physique? If the world today was as abundant in brotherly love, kind thoughts and world peace as it is in weight loss ‘advice’, it would most certainly be a perfect place! Every day we are bombarded by the latest, greatest, headline...