How important is diet and nutrition when it comes to losing weight and sculpting that sexy-licious physique you’re dreaming of? If you work out extra hard, add a few more reps or spend more time on the treadmill is that enough to get your butt into a smaller pair of pants? Not a chance. Ask any fitness pro or nutrition expert and you will hear that diet is anywhere from 70 to 90% responsible when it comes to transforming and improving that bod of yours (not to mention the health of your heart). Bummer eh? Well fear not my fellow fitness freaks, it’s really not that bad. Getting in tip top shape and still eating delicious foods is certainly possible, it just takes a little knowledge and a dash of creativity. Through years of trail and error, I’ve come up with some tips that will keep both your taste buds and your waistline happy.
Condiments, condiments, condiments!
Ok, so you’ll have to ditch the full fat mayo but there are lots of ways to add flavor to your fave foods. The following is a list of taste enhancers that may be used in a free for all manner without sabotaging your efforts.
Fat free, low calorie Italian dressing
Low sodium soy sauce
Tobasco (or Franks red hot sauce)
Spice it up!
Use one of the many pre-packaged rubs and seasoning mixtures like Greek, Italian, Montreal Steak, Lemon pepper etc. Check the label first to ensure that no additional sugar has been added and then simply rub the seasoning onto meats or fish before grilling. Super easy and delicious!
Let it soak
Marinades are a great way to add flavor to meat, poultry, fish and veggies without adding fat and calories. As long as you check the label for calories, feel free to use a store bought mix or even better, make your own. It’s fast and easy! Try this Moroccan inspired marinade on chicken, pork or fish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small lemons, juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 red chili pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together, add chicken breasts, shrimp or pork and let marinade for 2 hours.
You don’t need to sacrifice flavor when you’re trying to improve your health and physique. Educate yourself on just what your body requires to build a rock hard temple and have fun with food! In addition, check out the workout programs designed by the WorkoutBOX team and you’ll be on your way to a fit, fabulous form!
Check out these Fat Burning Workouts to seriously speed up your metabolism
Visit the for news on the latest health breakthroughs and tips on how to live a long, healthy and happy life.
Found this post useful and want more? Subscribe to our Blog feed
About TravisTravis Steffen is a Master Trainer and founder of WorkoutBOX. After years of experience training professional athletes and thousands of others just like you, he knows exactly what it takes to get you in serious shape. Follow his expert guidance and you're guaranteed to get amazing results.Want to hear even more of what Travis has to say? Keep in touch with him on Facebook and Twitter!
Like this? Share it:
Done reading? Here are a few related posts:
- Losing weight at the neighborhood pub Just wait for it… it’s inevitable. Sure enough, every time I design a nutrition program for a client whether it’s for fat loss, muscle gain or a combination of the two, I always hear the same million dollar question. Three...
- A High Fiber Diet For Optimal Weight Loss Consuming a high fiber diet is known to be optimal for weight loss yet it is often overlooked in many weight loss diets. A high fiber diet incorporates a variety of plant foods including fruits, vegetables, grains and beans. Fiber...
- Biggest Losers. Losing weight, gaining illness. Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook which eventually leads to success....
Leave a reply